A list of rambling thoughts...
1. I miss recording our everydayness on this little blog. I'm ready to come back :)
2. I miss summer already. It's starting to get dark earlier. I don't enjoy that.
3. At the same time that I miss summer, I love back to school time! I love having a high schooler, middle schooler, and two elementary schoolers. The hours from 9 - 1:30 are nice and quiet. After that... wellllll... it gets a little busy, a little noisy, and a little messy :)
4. A couple months ago we bought a new house. We haven't moved in yet, but we're excited about it! I have lots and lots of thoughts about this change. About leaving this little house that we've loved so much. This home that has been so good to us. This neighborhood that has protected and sheltered our kids. Tears quickly fill my eyes when I even think about leaving. And we're really only moving down the street!
5. Tonight when I was tucking Bridger in, he was telling me the poem that he's been learning in school the last two weeks. Darling. I love to hear his voice go up and down as he recites it, I'm sure just like his teacher has taught it to him. He is loving kindergarten. He even loves to do his homework. Last night he told me, "I've been learning REALLY hard." Good boy.
While I was laying by him, he stretched his little arm over me and snuggled up. His head was still a little warm and sweaty from playing outside. I love that he has full, happy days.
6. Brynley is turning in her application for photo editor of the yearbook tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)
7. Does anyone know what the perfect soft, light, gray paint color is? Do share.
8. Kate started saying "night night" this week. And "shhhh". Adorable.
9. Tanner hasn't been golfing once this week. He's having withdrawals. If I would have blogged during the summer, I would've reported that Tanner played in lots of tournaments (won two of them!), and played almost every day. Dave would drop him off around 8 and pick him up around 5. He has a pretty amazing golfer tan.
10. Ellie and Bridger's favorite thing right now is sitting together on Bridger's bed and looking through the catalogs with Halloween costumes. It's too bad that Halloween isn't every day in October. They've picked out enough costumes to last for months. Bridger wants to be anything that comes with a gun. Ellie wants to be anything that has the word "fairy" in it. And almost everything has "fairy" in it. Evil Fairy, Rainbow Fairy, Garbage Man Fairy.
11. Brynley told me tonight that Amy Poehler and Will Arnett are getting divorced. It made me sad.
12. That news made me think about all the TV shows I've missed. PARENTHOOD! The Middle! Modern Family!
13. I guess that's all for tonight. I just felt like it was time to come back to the 'ole blog. I've missed you :)