1. This morning after we dropped the girls off at school, Bridger and I came home and started to settle into our usual morning routine. He was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (his new favorite) and I was starting laundry and clean-up. As I walked by with an armful of dirty clothes, I looked at Bridge sitting on the floor and thought about how much he's been doing that lately. He's really liking tv right now. I decided we needed to get out of the house and do something outside. And not go to a store! The poor child gets drug around way too much. So we went to the orchard.
We walked up and down rows of all kinds of vegetable goodness. I was so impressed with our little orchard! We've never gone to pick vegetables, only apples and pears... so this was different and FUN! I mostly wanted to replenish our tomatoes. We hunted and hunted for them. Bridger would shout, "I found one!" or "LOOKATTHISONE!" every few seconds. Totally into it.
There were some HUGE zucchini and cucumbers. Those two tomatoes sitting on top of the overgrown zucchini were Bridger's favorites. He held them in his little hands the whole time we were there. He really wanted to take them to the ranch for Grams.
2. When we got home, we rinsed the tomatoes and ate a few handfuls. They are sweet and delicious. I felt immediate gratitude for that orchard up the street!
Jumping off furniture...
Please ignore the fact that every toy he owns is scattered around his room. Ugh.
4. While I was at the grocery store Saturday, I picked up some little pumpkins. I sort of can't believe they're already in stores! They were too cute to pass up. I'd been wanting to copy an idea from Good Housekeeping a few years ago... ribbon pumpkins. The easiest project ever. Just hot glue a little ribbon around a pumpkin. I love a simple project!
5. Ellie and Bridger were giggling in his room after dinner. I went in to see what was so hilarious and saw them playing basketball with Tanner's t-shirts on. Tanner came in soon after and was NOT happy with them. They didn't care.
6. Ellie's hair update. It's been a week since we tried the Sleek & Shine stuff. It hasn't helped with the amount of snarly tangles we have to deal with in the morning, but it has made her hair smoother. I really notice it when we blow dry and flat iron it... but she hates to have that done. So it's looked like the above picture for a couple days. I don't think I'll do it again. It's not the miracle product we were hoping for. Boo.
7. Blogging every night makes me stay up too late. Can I make it to the end of the month? Or maybe try to blog during the day? Now there's an idea :)
8. Our favorite book right now...
9. Is it bad that I'm REALLY excited for our shows to start again? Parenthood (tonight!), Modern Family, Office, 30 Rock. I'm even excited for Oprah.
10. I'm going to have a couple more little tomatoes and go to bed. Earliest night this week!